Local Governance Division and Planning
The Local Governance and Planning Division is responsible for planning, directing, coordinating and managing Local Governance programs and services which aides the department in realizing its vision of communities with viable sustainable municipal services led by strong local governments.
Programs & Services
This Division is accountable for:
- The promoting of Local Governance throughout the province through the provision of authoritative interpretation and application of existing legislation and directing the revision and development of new legislation.
- The provision of training opportunities for elected and administrative local government officials.
- The evaluation of local government structures.
- The formulating of regional approaches to service delivery.
- The conducting of reviews of local government administrative and operational practices.
Local Governance and
Department of Municipal Affairs and Environment
4th Floor (West Block)
P.O. Box 8700
Fax: (709) 729-4475