Land Use Planning
The Land Use Planning Section administers the
Urban and Rural Planning Act, 2000 and related sections of the
Municipalities Act, 1999 with respect to:
- the review and registration of municipal planning documents;
- development of provincial zoning plans and associated amendments;
- maintaining the official Registry for plans and regulations; and,
- providing advice and support to the department and government on matters related to land use planning, municipal planning, expropriations by municipal councils, purchase notices, etc.
- assisting municipal councils, interested parties, and the public in interpreting municipal plans and development regulations;
- making municipal plans and development regulations accessible to the public at:
- facilitating the development of regional land use plans.
^ Top of Page