Municipal Affairs and Environment

Registration 1587

Summerford Area Quarry

Proponent: Wheeler’s Excavation

Summary of Environmental Assessment Process

Project Description:

The proposed project involves the development of an abandoned two hectare gravel quarry along Route 340 within the municipal boundary of the Town of Summerford. The proposed quarry will provide gravel and stone for local markets and will operate year round in accordance with demand for the product. The project is scheduled to begin in July 2011.

  • June 7, 2011 - The undertaking was registered.
  • July 13, 2011 - Public comments are due.
  • July 21, 2011 - The Minister's decision is due.
  • September 6, 2011 - The Minister announced that the project is released.

Adobe® Acrobat® Reader software can be used for viewing PDF documents. Download Acrobat® Reader for free opens new window

Last Updated:
This page and all contents are copyright, Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, all rights reserved.